- There is a completely new autolink interface. This includes the way that autolink templates are managed (this is now in the Autolink Setup pane in the source list) and the way they are accessed (click on the "links" icon in the attachment view header).
- The attachment view now automatically loads one of the autolinks (as controlled in the setup pane), or the autolinks page itself, when there are no attachments on a reference.
- The attachment view header has been improved.
- The output gesture configuration has been moved into Sente Preferences. This is where you say what Sente should do when you drag a reference from the reference list, for example.
- There is a new Add Reference sheet that is used when adding references to your library (e.g., through targeted browsing, or when dropping a URL onto a library). You can edit the reference in this sheet before updating the library (e.g., you can set a status, add tags, etc.)
- There is a new Add File sheet that appears when you drop PDFs or other files onto your library. You now also have options of adding multiple files using template references (e.g., to automatically assign tags to all files in a batch).
- There is now a Create Reference from this Web Page in the context menu in Sente's web view. Sente will automatically add a web archive of the page to the new reference.
- Crossref.org is now used to lookup citation data for a DOI.
Sente 6.5, Preview 4
We are pleased to announce the availability of the next public preview of Sente 6.5.
There a quite a few changes in this preview. Here are some highlights:
There are many more bug fixes and small improvements as well.
We are encouraging everyone to begin moving to Sente 6.5. The official release is just a few weeks away, so this is very close to the official version (although we still have one or two nice changes to roll out!).
Preview 4 can be downloaded here:
The current draft of the user manual can be downloaded here:
If you are have not already tried one of the earlier preview releases of Sente 6.5, please see our blog post here:
We look forward to receiving your feedback on this new preview release.