STOP AND READ!
DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING SENTE 6.5, INSTALLING SENTE 6.6 WILL DISRUPT YOUR WORK, SO DO NOT UPDATE UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES AND ARE PREPARED FOR THE DISRUPTION.
PLEASE SAVE A COPY OF THIS MESSAGE BEFORE UPGRADING -- YOU WILL NEED THIS INFORMATION DURING THE UPGRADE PROCESS.
If you are currently running Sente 6.6: Please update to this release; it includes a number of important bug fixes.
If you are currently running Sente 6.5: Please DO NOT update to this release until you have read all of the information below and are prepared for the disruption of a major update.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT UPGRADING FROM SENTE 6.5 to SENTE 6.6
Sente 6.6 is a free upgrade for everyone with a Sente 6 license.
Sente 6.6 includes some very important changes, including a completely new version of sync.
When you upgrade to Sente 6.6, you will upgrade your libraries to use the new version of sync. There are several things you should know about this:
0) You need to make a good backup copy of all of your Sente libraries before launching Sente 6.6. Once your libraries are converted to Sente 6.6, they will not work with Sente 6.5, so it is essential that you have backup copies in case you need to return to Sente 6.5 for any reason.
1) You will need to create an account on the new sync servers (this can be done in the login screen at launch). Even if you have an existing Sente 6 license, you do not have a sync2 account until you create it yourself. You do not need to use the same email address that you used when purchasing your existing Sente license, but you must use a valid email address.
2) You will need to convert your existing libraries to the new sync and this takes time, so do not update until you are prepared for an interruption in your use of Sente. Mostly, the time required is spent just letting Sente do the update, but you will not want to begin this process if you cannot let Sente run for an extended period of time.
3) Sente 6.6 libraries do not sync with Sente 6.5 for Mac, or the old versions of Sente for iPad. Sente 6.6 can only share libraries with a new version of Sente 6 for iPad. If you are currently using Sente for iPad, you will need to replace that app with the new app, available for free in the App Store (http://appstore.com/sente6). This new version of Sente for iPad is the only version of Sente for iPad in the app store now. Your libraries will need to be reinstalled on the iPad in the new app. This is not done through iTunes anymore.
4) If you have an existing Sente 6 license, you will need to enter that license into Sente 6.6 in order to upgrade the default, free account to a premium account with addition sync storage. This is done using the Sente 6 > Enter a Sente License command. You only need to do this one time, on one device. Once your account has been upgraded, it will be updated on all of your devices automatically.